If you live in the parish of Lancaster Priory Church, have a close pastoral connection with this church, or regularly attend services here, we would love to help you arrange your special day here at Lancaster Priory.
You can find out which is your local parish church at A Church Near You.
This Church of England website Your Church Wedding also has lots of helpful information about preparing for marriage.
Marriages at Lancaster Priory
Marriages can take place at Lancaster Priory Church if you fulfil one of the criteria listed below under the guidelines set out by the Church of England. Under these guidelines a couple may be married here if either of you can show one of these seven connections with the parish.
That one of you:
- was baptised in the parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months and is on the electoral roll*
Or that one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months and been on the electoral roll*
Or that one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
* The electoral roll is our membership list, made up of those who worship here regularly. People can join the electoral roll once they have attended Lancaster Priory Church regularly for six months, and if they intend to continue doing so.
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services.
For bookings and more information
If you’d like to be married in Lancaster Priory Church, or find out whether you live in the parish,
please call the Vicar on 01524 63200 or the Parish Office on 01524 65338
This September we are delighted to welcome Katie Schad who joins the Priory family as our 'Young People's Officer'.Read More...
The Revd Dr Rebecca Aechtner officiated at her first Eucharist mass on Sunday 2nd July at Lancaster Priory.Read More...